“New Jack City”
Season 2, Episode 20 (41)
November 5, 2012
Joel McCrary & Itai Grunfeld
Sean K. Lambert
Jack feels replaced when an old friend of the gang and Rudy's former star pupil, Carson, moves back to Seaford. After Carson overtakes Jack for the coveted spot to compete in the tournament, Jack decides to join the rival dojo, the Black Dragons, and compete against his own team.
- Leo Howard as Jack Brewer
- Dylan Riley Snyder as Milton D. Krupnick
- Mateo Arias as Jerry Martínez
- Olivia Holt as Kim B. Crawford
- Alex Christian Jones as Eddie
- Jason Earles as Rudy Gillespie
- Boo Boo Stewart as Carson Hunter
- Ian Reed Kelser as Sensei Ty
- In this episode we learn Jack's last name is Brewer.
- Also it is presumed Eddie was Rudy's first student, predating Carson by a few weeks.
- Carson was the one who taught Kim how to "dance".
- This is the second time Boo Boo and Leo have worked together, the first being the movie Logan.
- The episode title takes it's name from the 1991 film of the same name starring Ice-T and Wesley Snipes.
- This episode is Carson's first and last appearance.
- Kim and Carson act as if they have known each other for a long time, and were close friends. While this is highly unlikley, since Kim would have been a Black Dragon at the time, it can be possible. Kim could have met Carson during a match, or at school, and they may have dated for a while long before Jack came to town.
- When Jack breaks Carson's bo staff, you could see that it broke in half and one piece was on the floor. But when Carson lifted it, it wasn't broken and the bo staff was bent.
- When Jack and Carson approaches each other for the second-part of the match at the Black Dragon Dojo, a cameraman and a boom operator are seen. They are still seen throughout the shots. It's unknown if they're visitors filming the tournament or if they are part of the camera crew of the show.
To view the New Jack City gallery, click here.